WHAT IS CELPIP?
CELPIP or (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) is an English language assessment tool which measures listening, reading, writing and speaking skills. CELPIP-General is suitable for people who need proof of English-language skills when applying for permanent resident status in Canada the test is administered by Paragon Testing Enterprises, a subsidiary of the University of British Columbia.
FORMAT OF THE EXAM
|TESTS||CELPIP- GENERAL||CELPIP- GENERAL LS|
|TEST TIME||3 HOURS||1 HOUR 10 MINUTES|
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR THE CELPIP EXAM
- TAKE SOME HELP- It is always suggested to take some help from the professionals while preparing for the IELTS exam, you can enrol yourself into online courses available. This way you will have a professional outlook so you will score better.
- WORK ON YOUR LANGUAGE- for scoring good in IELTS, you need to have that good command on the language but by that, it means both on the vocabulary and the flawless grammar, the perfect combination of these two will get you perfect score.
- SPARE NO QUESTIONS- A really important pointer to always remember is to spare no question. You must try to attempt all the questions even if you are unsure about some. IELTS do not have a negative marking approach that is why attempting all the questions won’t be any harmful for you.so shoot your shot, who knows they just might help you win a better score
- BE QUICK- for attempting you must be pretty quick in Reading as well as Writing, because the questions are too many and the time is limited. Try doing the practice tests with the timers so that you have a fair idea of the time.
POINTS TO CONSIDER-
- Use a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures– specifically in speaking section, use a wide range of vocabulary with correct grammar in order to score well in the test.
- Manage your time– During the CELPIP you will have a timer on your screen continuously ticking. Keeping an eye on these timers can help you gauge how to pace yourself throughout the test.
- Check your work– It is always advisable to go through your work before submitting it, if you have time left just recheck everything again to make sure there are no mistakes in your attempt.
- Speak clearly and at a natural pace. Speak clearly into the microphone, which should be close to your lips but without touching them. It is natural to speak quickly when you are nervous—try to slow down and speak at a normal pace.
- Do not worry about your accent. The evaluators are trained to disregard and not evaluate on the basis of the accent so unless your accent is completely not understandable, they will look past it so you do not have to worry about it.
- Take notes. While taking the CELPIP Test, you will be provided with notepaper and a pen. You may use these to take notes during any point in the test, though you may find it especially useful to outline some ideas for your speaking or writing responses. It is also a good idea to take notes about main ideas and specific details during the listening test.
The amount of time that you need for preparation of CELPIP depends upon how well versed you are with English Language. If you are comfortable with the language as well as have good skill set and vocabulary you are good to go, but of you lack that you obviously need a good amount of time to practice. You should read a lot of newspapers, magazines and watch English movies and shows.
SOMETHINGS TO REMEMBER-
- Dedicate 1-2 hours to our CELPIP preparation daily depending upon how much preparation you require.
- Divide your time strategically and give time to all the sections and specifically to those in which you have loose ends.
- After preparing, take practice tests to evaluate yourself.
- Depending on how much you score in the practice test, divide your time to the sections where you are lacking.
- Follow your plan religiously and you will score well.
HOW WE CAN HELP?
The biggest challenge we are facing is to adopt to the new normal which is the virtual world till we are comfortable going to training institutes again. This has given us the opportunity for creativity and prove that we are the best in the business. Our trainers have worked hard to bring all classes online that are super interactive and made easy to learn. We understand a lot of you might be in a financial crunch and hence we have heavily discounted our course prices.