What to wear to IELTS speaking test
Both test-takers taking the general training and academic versions of the IELTS share the same speaking part. Your spoken English proficiency is evaluated. Each speaking examination is given face-to-face with an IELTS-certified examiner, and each one is recorded in case further review is necessary. The speaking section consists of 3 parts, which last between 11 and 14 minutes. IELTS is a test conducted for migration in English-speaking countries. If you don’t want to take this test, then you can choose other tests. The most common question is whether IELTS or CELPIP easy. The answer is that both the tests are for different purposes, so you can take them according to your needs.
Things that must be avoided
If you are worried about what to wear to IELTS speaking test, then you have no need to worry. Here we will give you all the information. Wearing comfortable clothes that make you feel at ease and confident is crucial when deciding what to wear for the IELTS speaking test. In other words, the IELTS speaking test has no dress code.
- You will concentrate on showcasing your English proficiency to the examiner when you are at ease during the test.
- No need to wear a formal suit.
- If you don’t feel at ease and secure wearing one, you don’t have to wear a full suit and tie to your IELTS speaking test.
- Even though the IELTS exam is a formal test, It is not a job interview.
- Therefore, if you are considering what to wear for the IELTS speaking test, you should simply choose something that is comfortable for you.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Keep in mind that feeling comfortable is what matters most. Your performance can suffer if your shoes are too tight since they harm your feet. You will not be able to give the test your best effort since you will be preoccupied.
- It is preferable for women not to wear high heels. Although they are lovely, you should not have to struggle with those high heels. You should be at ease.
- Don’t use a large quantity of perfume.
- When taking the IELTS speaking test, you might think about applying perfume. It is alright.
- Don’t overdo it, but wearing a slight touch of your favorite fragrance or perfume might make you feel more confident.
Dressing for IELTS speaking
Slacks are unquestionably one of the most comfortable items to wear and have long been a staple among candidates for office jobs. You can wear or buy black slacks because they go with every color shade, giving you an instantly formal and edgy appearance. Depending on your needs, you might also choose dark blue or brown.
Women should avoid wearing boots and leggings because they would make them uncomfortable during the IELTS speaking test. Depending on the temperature, wearing Wearing leggings with boots is a great combination. Leggings with a long shirt give off an edgy “business casual’’ vibe. Put a pair of dressy shoes on.
A white blouse is the most appropriate choice for women (definitely without cleavage). It would be appropriate for guys to wear a collared shirt. No bow tie is required, but shirts must be buttoned up. A crisp shirt that is buttoned up always gives off a professional vibe.
Dresses and skirts are two options that ladies frequently choose. If you are wearing a skirt, choose a traditional design in a dark color, such as black, dark blue, or dark brown. If you decide to wear a dress, choose a simple black dress without any cleavage. Choose any waistline, whether a shirtwaist, high or drop waist.
Tips for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Remain calm.
- Before the exam, get some practice.
- Attempt to be impromptu in your remarks.
- The questions asked by the examiner are typically predictable.
- Pay close attention to the questions the examiner asks.
- Give a complete response.
The Center for Success is one of the best institutes in Chandigarh for IELTS. Additionally, IELTS coaching in the Chandigarh training program also offers IELTS online coaching classes. This course is offered by certified teachers using content from the official Cambridge course.
The most crucial factor is to relax and feel at ease during the IELTS test. You won’t be able to give your best performance during the speaking test if you are wearing a hot suit and your shoes are too tight, making your feet painful. You now have a list of advice to help you ace the IELTS speaking test. Keep in mind that there is no rigid attire requirement for the IELTS interview. Simply dress appropriately as you would for a job interview, for instance. The most crucial thing you must remember is to maintain your composure during the speaking exam. Panic does not assist. Train as much as you can to increase your knowledge-based confidence.
Can you be casual in IELTS speaking?
You should not use overly formal language because the IELTS speaking test is meant to simulate a typical conversation between two people. You must speak in straightforward English, without using slang or anything overly informal.
Should I use a mask for the IELTS speaking test?
The precautions that test participants must take, such as donning a mask that covers their mouth and nose and using the temperature monitoring devices provided in testing facilities, are explained to them in advance.
Should I wear business attire?
If you don’t feel at ease and secure wearing a complete suit and tie, you should not wear one to your IELTS speaking test. Although the IELTS test is a formal exam, it is not a part of the hiring process. Therefore, if you are unsure of what to wear for the IELTS speaking test, just wear whatever is most comfortable for you.